Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Course Reflection

TCF 312 has taught me that the old cameras I used to make Youtube videos are crap. I thought the old 1080 HD and 12 megapixels cams were doing something for me. Not that I wasnt aware that I could do better, just the fact that the class has broadened my vision on what a camera is capable of, and that the expensive cameras did more than just give you a pretty picture. From shooting in slow motion, to shooting under water, cameras are very capable of turning the imagination into reality.
Along with all the things cameras can do, I was amazed at the wonders lighting can do. After you figure out the look you are going for, and spending x amount of time, and thats a big x amount of time, to get your look just right, light is a huge assist in telling your story.
Video production as a whole is very time consuming, but fun, and with that being said, one thing I learned about myself is that I love to put all the time and effort into a project and watch the final outcome. During the production of a project, even when it is just still an idea, i get so excited over what this project is going to become.  As an artist I have learned simply that there is a lot more that I need to learn, especially to get into the things I like, which are action and effects. I know I can make it all possible with the knowledge I have now. I can make a legit film right now, I believe. But I know there is a lot of room for improvement for myself as an artist. The will, potential, love, and curiosity is there, i just need to keep building on skill after skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment