Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Artist Statement.

Dating back to my adolescence, no matter where I was, I would always see these crazy images in my head, images that tell a story, and a lot of action packed images. At a younger age, all I could do was reenact these images, a little further down the road, I drew them, it was then I was recognized as and "artist". Family called that I would be an artist when I grew up. I said know, and that I didn't want to be drawing as a profession.  As I matured a little. I began to write down these images, along with a story, breaking every color, object, and action down to a detail. That is what everyone called Imagination.

I believe it all starts with just having an imagination, and it would be great to have the imagination of a child. I believe the child in me has simply survived up to this day. As a child I saw things in a different reality, and saw ways to potentially turn something flat into something with dimension.  I want to show people visually, the amazing imagination we all had as a child.  My mind is still stuck on seeing crazy fights and explosion, every young boy was. Action movies keep me living, keep me pumped, and motivated, and ultimately, that is what I want to give the world. Action movies that go there. Things that make people go, "Wow, how did you even think of this." Not that I will limit myself to just action, but action just gives you the freedom of doing anything you want visually.  But anything I make, I want people to say the said statement.

What I love about filming it that al it is is Illusion. You can make anyone see whatever you want them to see on the screen. You can make anything reality on that screen. Our imagination is endless, so to me, that means that we have and endless supply of possibility that can go onto that screen.  It is a beauty I love about filming. I want to make things that are unreal and stretch the minds of others through my knowledge of lighting, shooting, and editing...I want to show people what goes on in my mind. The ultimate artist is and artist with the skill and knowledge of and adult, but the imagination of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment